NSS Unit Program Officer: Roselyn Norfolk M.A
Dated : 9th March 2019.
NSS visit an Orphanage named “FERD AMAN RAINBOW HOME”
- A visit to an Orphanage is a life-changing experience as it is filled with emotions and sentiments.
- The NSS UNIT OF MADINA DEGREE & PG COLLEGE got an Opportunity to visit an Orphanage named “FERD AMAN RAINBOW HOME” located in Musheerabad. (A residential home for girls) on 9th March 2019.
- There were around 120 children with 4 care-takers and a woman in charge.
- One of our NSS Volunteers celebrated her birthday by arranging chocolates, biscuits & fruits for them.
- Many volunteers donated books, stationary, clothes & toys.
- There were many more things donated by our NSS UNIT which had made the day memorable for them.
REPORT ON NSS SPECIAL CAMP (19th TO 26th FEB 2018)
NSS student volunteers from Madina degree & PG College, Himayath nagar have depicted their nationality through NSS residential special camp. They took a forward step by conducting a stay camp for a week at a village chinnamangalaram, Moinabad, R.R district, Telengana.
DAY 1: Inauguration ceremony attended by OU coordinator Mr. R. Chandru and Mr. Raviteja followed by orientation program and parade by the coordinators team i.e., Mr.Sharath & Mrs.Swetha. Chief Guest was sarpanch, Mrs.Balamani garu and school headmaster Mr.Mallesham (Zilla parishad high school) was also present.
DAY 2: Survey about the village and the problems in the morning followed by youth awareness program about Digitalization in the evening.
DAY 3: Swatch Bharat program is done in the Zilla parishad school premises and the area near the school followed by hygiene awareness program for villagers.
DAY 4: Medical camp was conducted a team of doctors from “AAYAN SCHOOL OF MEDICAL SCIENCES” who checked up the villagers and also addressed on their medical issues.
DAY 5: Cultural activities, skits & folk dance on the “Youth for education” theme and performances are done by both volunteers and villagers.
DAY 6: Awareness program about foods safety, Nutrition and public health was conducted.
DAY 7: Discussion with villagers on social issues like child marriage, gender equality, superstition and Education for girls.
45 NSS volunteers + 5villagers participated in the camp which was a great learning experience for them.