LET FOOD BE THY MEDICINE AND MEDICINE BE THY THE FOOD.
The study of Food Science and Nutrition includes the components of foods, their chemistry and metabolism, technology involved in production, processing and preservation, safety for human consumption, meal planning and management – all in relation to total well being of human beings. Thus nutritional science is the corner stone for the overall national development.
The department of food and nutrition was established in the year 2004, offering B.Sc. Applied nutrition and public health in combination with Botany, zoology &chemistry. Today after 13 years department has been emerged as one of the promising department with more than 450 students. Adjunctly the department has been granted a boon with addition of Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics only college offering both the courses running under one roof.
- Public health and Nutrition
- Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics
- Food Science and Nutritional Biochemistry
- Family and Community nutrition
- Food Preservation
- Food Service management
- Food safety and Quality Control
Field Visits & Exposure:
As a part of their cirrculum, department organizes ,field trips to food industries, culinary Academies, Health Museum.
- To develop skills in students for self employment.
- To lay down strong basics of subjects to make students future ready for higher studies and research work.
- To produce able teachers, administrators and entrepreneurs.
- To collaborate with industry, research institutions, professional bodies through teaching, research and consultancy.
- To empower women to participate actively at national and international levels and contribute to the food and nutrition security, health of the citizens and to improve well being and quality of life.
- MS. Yasmeen Farooq – 4years of experience
- Ms. Munazza Taskeen – B.Sc, Nutrition
- B.Sc. Applied Nutrition and public Health
- B.Sc. Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics
- 10+2 with Bi.P.C